Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Clearwater Beach

We went to Clearwater Beach last weekend for Curt's niece's wedding. Stacey and Scott live near Tampa and decided they would get married on a yacht down in Clearwater with just a few friends and family. We stayed right on the beach and had a wonderful time. Curt's brother Dean and his wife Betty, our nephew Marlo and his wife Stef came with us.


We got there Thursday night and went straight to a great restaurant on the pier, Crabby Bills, I highly recommend going if you ever get down there. I started in on my seafood diet, and I was in heaven!

My pictures are backwards but here are some highlights.

Curt and I on the beach at Frenchy's restaurant on Saturday night Friday morning we all met on the beach and enjoyed the 95 degree, 150% humidity weather. I have never felt humidity and heat like this, Iowa summers have nothing on Florida's.
This is before I got fried from being out there 3 hours, ignore my icky white legs! :-) i have a great tan now, too bad it's 60 degrees now here at home!

From left-right: Stacey the bride, Stef Van Wyk, Betty Van Kooten & Me.


On Saturday we went on a boat ride for dolphin encounters and shell finding through the bay. Here is the island we stopped at and picked up some great shells. This isn't just the tip of the island, that's the whole island. :-)



At the reception on the dinner cruise after the wedding. We had a 3 hour cruise around the bay while we ate, danced and enjoyed a wee bit too much champagne, wine etc... :-) Lucky for us the hotel was down the street and within walking distance. :-)




Stacey, the bride, taking pictures in the beach before the wedding at sunset.



view on our beach Friday night right before the wedding and then we walked to the Pier where the yacht was docked.







View from our balcony in our room Friday AM, I think it was 85 degrees already at 8 AM.







No comments:

Post a Comment