Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Prom, a wedding, Easter... whew!



This weekend was a busy one. Katelyn went to her first Prom Saturday night. I told her since she was only a freshman she was going to have to borrow or find a free dress this year. I'm not going to be buying new dresses for the next 4 years!
She got really lucky and got an old dress from a friend that is as tall as Katelyn and Mom only had to take in a little bit at the top so it wouldn't fall down all night since it wa strapless. I should've told her I wouldn't pay for her hair being done though too after I wrote a $62 check. Jeesh, I should've got into hairdressing!








She looked great though and had a lot of fun. Curt and I had a friends wedding at the same time Kate had to get ready and leave so thank goodness Mom lives up the road and played taxi driver, photographer .... for me. Thanks Mom!







Curt and I were off to our wedding where the ring bearer was the grooms hunting dog. A new one for us but pretty cool. The Pastor made a reference in the ceremony about now that (Andy the groom) has trained Chase his dog, he now has to train Carol his bride in the way God wants. he had a point tied to his scripture (just didn't come out right) but you should have heard the gasp by the women in the crowd and the "No he didn't just say that!" comments. needless to say Curt thinks we should always listen to the Pastors and believes that he should start"training" me. I'm thinking after 20 years he has no hope! :-)



Last night we had the Jews for Jesus organization come and present Christ in the Passover for our church.YF was the lucky ones to head up serving 120 people supper and getting the presentation set up which was a huge undertaking I found out half way through prepping for it. if you ever get a chance to go to one of these presenations I highly recommend it, it was really cool and interesting. A lot of work but really worth it.
Not liking the horseradish part of the presentation.


Washing of the hands



Off to set up for a prayer path our church is doing this week now. I really need to learn the word, NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment